Jan 17, 2012

An Outrageous L'Oreal and Revlon Haul

A few days ago I walked into Shoppers Drug Mart about $65 richer than I was walking out.  And the funny thing about it was I only got a five items!!!

I'm sure I shared this tidbit already but I have a boudoir photoshoot coming up on January 28th.  Honestly, I don't think I've ever been as excited and nervous as I am about this.  For some reason, knowing that my body is about to be on display in a way it never has before has got me thinking about my pale skin, my extra 7 pounds and my facial expressions.  After I kick the little negatives out of my head, I realize how much fun I'm going to have AND how much Allan is going to enjoy them.  Plus, I get to buy some great cosmetics, hence my Shoppers run.

I seemed to gravitate towards Revlon and L'Oreal products this time and ended up selecting (from left to right) L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer, L'Oreal Color Riche Balm in Rose Elixir, Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup and L'Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer.

First up is the primer which is such a fantastic product.  I love anything that makes my skin glow and this really does the trick.  Not only do I glow but my skin feels smooth and it doesn't get oily during the day.  I have been using this since I bought it and am constantly getting compliments on my "dewy" looking skin.

Look how dewy my hand looks after the primer's rubbed in.

 Next is the lip balm.  Typically, I'm not a balm wearer unless my lips are horribly chapped but I liked this one because it will be perfect with all the lacy, feminine outfits I'll be photographed in and it keeps my lips extremely moisturized.

See how nice and pink it is on my wrist?

Thirdly is the mousse makeup.  I have used a mousse before (Sally Hansen) and wasn't the biggest fan.  I found the coverage to be too light and the product itself was not quite fair enough for my pastey pale skin tone. However, this new Revlon product was definitely created with the fair gals in mind. (Plus having Emma Stone as the spokesperson isn't too bad either.)  The cosmetician recommended it and said it will be great in photos as it's designed to make your skin look airbrushed.

Love this picture.  Not only can you see how perfect
the mousse matches my skin tone but specks of the light infusing primer is also poking through.
Last but not least, the light infusing concealer.  Just so you all know, a concealer that contains light-infusing particles is perfect for dark circles.  For some reason, it makes the sun bounce off your eyes and creates a more youthful appearance.  Having said that, it matches my tone well and I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up in a camera lens.

Did I mention that my fab friend, Ariella (a makeup artist) is going to be doing my makeup?  Sigh, I can not wait for this to go down.  Just a couple more weeks.

Ladies, have you used any of these products before?  What are your thoughts?

11 comments:

  1. I experience the same phenomena whenever I venture to Shoppers Drug Mart... I walk out with a handful products and an empty wallet :) but I like your picks, especially the primer... need to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, glad to know I'm not alone!! Yes, it's like a big money pit that I happily dump funds into. The primer is great! I really do recommend it

      xo

      Delete
  2. That balm looks like something I'd love, thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.want.that.primer! Oh will the makeup addiction ever end?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady, you must get it!!! Plus, come on, do we really want the addiction to stop? Hahahaha

      xo

      Delete
  4. Ohhh... the concealer sounds awesome with the light infusing particles!! I may have to pick some up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The balm looks great. I also admire the idea of the boudoir photoshoot ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I'm in love with everything you chose, that primer looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the comments ladies!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.