Jan 20, 2012

DIY Beauty Fridays: Anti-Aging Cantaloupe Mask

Friday couldn't have come soon enough this week, that's for sure.  Not only did we get a ton of snow (very odd for Vancouver), but it's also been bitterly cold and quite depressing.  This entire week has made my hair frizzy, my hands extremely dry, my skin look and feel non-glowy and my body tired.  (Wow, that's a lot of complaining...)

Needless to say, a pamper-me evening is completely required.  I can't wait to settle down with a great book, fantastic cup of tea, a warm bath and a clarifying face mask.  Plus, this one only contains two ingredients...

Anti-Aging Cantaloupe Face Mask

1/8 cup mashed (or blended) cantaloupe
1 TBSP warm honey (try and use organic if you can)

This is such an easy recipe.  Put your honey in a little glass bowl and soak the bottom in hot water until the honey is runny.  (Ha, that rhymed.)  Add in your cantaloupe and mix well.  Spread on cleansed face and relax with the mask on for about 15 - 20 minutes. (Sometimes, the cantaloupe will make this mixture extra runny which is why soaking in the tub might be nice.  If it is really runny before you spread it on your face add a bit more honey.)  Rinse off with war water and then cool water to close the pores.  Moisturize right away afterwards.

Why this works??  If cantaloupe is good enough for Cindy Crawford's skin care line, Meaningful Beauty, then we know it's good stuff.  Ha, no seriously, cantaloupe is loaded with sun-protecting betacarotene which keeps your skin looking young, feeling healthy and is supposedly known for its anticancer properties.  Cantaloupe is also known to have a powerful anti-aging property within the melon portion.  

If you love masks that are easy to make, smell great AND give great results right away then try this recipe out.  Plus, you'll also have a great dessert to bring with you in the tub!!  Happy masking ladies!

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh.. thanks for the DIY idea! I agree tonight is defin. a night for pampering! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came upon your blog and it's great! I'm a beauty junkie too AND I'm so happy you're in Canada! A lot of the beauty blogs I read are in the UK or US and they talk about all these great products we can't get! Sigh. Happy to have found you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog and I think its great.. im following.. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through your blog and found important information thanks for sharing. waiting for further posts.If you can kindly go through my blog and suggest me or correct me anywhere I am wrong. It will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cantaloupes? I never knew they can be used as an anti-aging ingredient as well! This is amazing. With the crazy weather right now, we really should go the extra mile to protect and take care of our skin. Of course this might not work for everyone, but one can always give it a try, right? Thanks for sharing.
    George Chambers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.