Jan 10, 2012

Beauty Product of the Day: Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream

For me to like a particular skin product a few specifcs must be met:  One, it must smell decent.  Two, the product must do as it's advertised (moisturizing, brightening, etc).  Three, it must be easy to use.  And last but not least, four, it must not be overly greasy.

For the first time, EVER, I adore a skin care product that only meets one of the above listed criteria.  I honestly don't know how I love the Egyptian Magic Cream when it smells like olive oil, leaves my skin extremely greasy AND requires some additional activation via hand rubbing.....oh wait, yes I do.  It's because it makes my skin look glorious!!

I first heard about this product from a recent guest post from the fabulous Louise entitled the Top 5 Celebrity Beauty Secrets.  As soon as I heard that both Kate Hudson and Gisele Bundchen were fans, I knew I had to try it.  So I ordered some from Amazon and waited with bated breath for my package to arrive.

When it did I ripped open the package to look at the cream and was slightly stunned by the color and consistency.  See, it's not really a cream at all.  It's more of an oil, but a hard one.  (Which makes perfect sense since the only ingredients are olive oil, beeswax, honey, bee pollen, royal jelly and propolis extract.)  I dipped my finger in and grabbed a bit of the "cream".  I briefly eyed the directions which says to "take a moderate amount and rub it in your palms until it takes the form of an oil, which improves absorption" so I activated the product and slathered it on my face.


Pros: 
Extremely moisturizing
Less is best so the container will last a long time
Reduces the appearance of scars, acne and blemishes
Can also be used as a hair treatment
Reduces the appearance of fine lines and dark circles
Brightens skin 
Cons:
Smells like olive oil
Leaves skin greasy

If you can get over the smells and the greasiness than this is definitely the cream for you.  I should probably mention that I only use this cream in the evenings AND on days when I'm not wearing makeup.  (I do think that it's a bit too greasy to wear under makeup.)  Either way, this cream has not only diminished my acne scarring but leaves my skin extremely smooth and moisturized.  I guess there really is a reason why celebrities love this product too...

Have any of you ladies tried this before?  What are your thoughts?

PS - I wanted to leave you with the cutest picture of my mom and me.  I went to a wedding fair this weekend with my mom since she was here visiting from Kelowna,  During the wedding fair, a photo booth was advertising "Get your face on Real Weddings Magazine" so we, of course, did.  Is she not the cutest thing you've ever seen?

My Mom (left) and me (right) and the 2012 wedding fair in Vancouver

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really interesting "cream". I don't know if I could handle the greasy part, since I really don't like a greasy feel. However, since you're raving about it, it might be something to try...
    You and you're mum are so cute!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to read a review of how this actually works! I love face oils and right now I have no problem feeling greasy when I go to bed. Thanks for sharing your results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you and Mom are so adorable! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm curious to try this...my skin is soooo sensitive and breaks out over everything though, so i'm weary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.