Jan 6, 2012

DIY Beauty Fridays: Organic Blueberry Facial Mask

This week has been a really difficult one for me.  I won't bore you with all the details but let's leave it by saying I visited the hospital a couple times, was poked and prodded, all for the greater good of finding a solution to my strange stomach issue.  From what I've been told, it looks like an ulcer SO I guess I'll be back to eating right in no time flat....ha.

So, it's safe to suffice that a pamper-me-day is required.  So, pull out your shower caps, run a hot bath and put together this quick and easy organic blueberry facial mask to soak away your rough, dry winter skin.


Organic Blueberry Facial Mask

1/4 cup organic blueberries
1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil (you can use organic if you'd rather)
1 TBSP raw organic honey
1 TSP sugar

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until fully mixed.  (About 4 minutes).  Spread mask into cleansed face avoiding the eye and lip area.  After five minutes or so, rinse off with warm water.

Why this works?: Blueberries are like nature's super food.  They are rich in antioxidants which help combat free radical damage from environment stressors, pollution AND UV exposure.  Blueberries also assist in removing dead, unwanted skin and promoting natural skin radiance.

This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever used and it smells divine.  One tip though, don't leave it on more than 5 minutes.  I find that blueberries can sometimes irritate the skin if left on for too long.

Happy masking and have a great weekend ladies!

5 comments:

  1. Love this mask idea! Plus, I'll also have blueberries to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better!! I'm looking forward the trying this one and starting a new year fresh and anti-oxidized! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon :) Great diy friday as usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't do this because I'd end up eating all of the blueberries! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly.. ulcers of any kind are the worst! (I've had 2 in my eyes.. :\)

    This is quickly shaping up to be my favorite DIY recipe ever! Blueberries, honey and sugar. Yummmm... I might end up eating it instead! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.