Jan 16, 2012

NOTD: Wet N Wild's Grays Anatomy

I was recently perusing a blog I follow named Loodie Loodie Loodie and came across the most gorgeous nail polish color.  Never before have I seen a polish quite like the one she blogged about.  In the light it seemed purple and then POOF the light would hit it differently and it'd look almost green.  After seeing this awesome chameleon polish, I knew it had to be mine.

I was in the states on Wednesday evening picking up a package and decided to pop in Rite-Aid.  While browsing through the cosmetics aisles, I stumbled on a Wet N Wild polish color that reminded me of the polish from Loodie's blog.  Soooo I bought it of course.  This is, though, where the similarities end...

As much as I love the color, it's not as color changing as the polish from Loodie's blog.  Also, I do think it's quite funny that they named the polish Gray's Anatomy when the color looks more purple-ish (to me).  I do, though, love how quickly the polish dries and how thick the brush is.  A thicker brush makes for very even nail coverage.

For a polish that cost only $2 I do have to say that it's worth it.  I would, though, really love to find the chameleon polish from that other blog.  I guess I'll have to keep searching....

PS - I have asked this many times before BUT I need your help.  Can someone recommend a fabulous top coat?  One that doesn't cause your nails to chip after only a day???

8 comments:

  1. It's a cool color, I like it. The brush sounds great for people, like me, who don't paint their nails very well :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about a couple of color changing polishes like that. I have Orly Space Cadet and Sephora by OPI Mash Up (which is silver, green, & purple!). Could be a better dupe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo thanks for that Laura. I am so going to check it out

      xo

      Delete
  3. i love the colour~~~very different ina good way...it can be hard to find a metallic nail polishes and i luv WnW stuff in general~~~they are so good for the price


    jessy
    threenothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I don't know about topcoat :( This is a lovely shade though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have this shade too and yeah i would agree that it isnt really gray.
    and i find it too sheer too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh So Wet Topcoat. I use Seche Vite first because it dries the quickest, but the next day, or at least when my polish is very dry, I'll use "Oh So Wet". I've also heard very good things about using "Gelous" as a topcoat. It's supposed to be really thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told so many good things about Seche Vite which means I raelly must get on it and get some.

      xo

      Delete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.