Mar 23, 2011

It's Not All Positive For Cake’s Satin Sugar Hair & Body Refreshing Powder

It takes quite a bit for me to have a strong, passionate dislike for a beauty product. And even now, sitting here typing away, I’m completely dumbfounded as to how such a highly regarded product flat out refuses to work on my hair. Oh, by the way, I'm talking about Cake’s Satin Sugar Hair & Body Refreshing Powder for Darker Hues. (Yes, very very very long name.)

I saw this in Sephora and fell in love with it immediately. Typically for dry shampoos, I use Batiste, Tresemme, or Oscar Blandi but liked this one because of the smell. It literally smells like cookies! Not only that, but the powder has a nice subtle sheen to it which will give a nice sparkle to your skin as well. Needless to say, I bought it.

I was so excited to use it when I woke up the next morning so after my shower, I whipped off my shower cap and tapped a bit of the powder into my hands before running my hands through my hair. My hair went instantly soft and smelled absolutely delicious! After that, I went to work styling my hair and left for work.

Sounds like a dream product I know, but here’s the kicker. During the day, my hair became EXTREMELY lifeless and flat. Yes, it was still soft but my hair looked very oily and flat. (Definitely not a nice combination when you have short hair…) When I got home, (about 11 hours after I applied it) I looked like I had been trapped in a rain storm. My usually voluminous red hair was plastered to my forehead. Not a pretty sight. Even after this, I was still reluctant to throw the towel in so last night, after work, I came home and decided to use the powder again. I tipped even LESS product in my hand, worked it into my hair and waited. Yes the smell was great and yes, my hair was soft but three hours later my hair was flat...again. Despite all the great reviews I've read of this product, it's just not going to work as a hair product for me.

However, I have been using this as a check bronzer and am loving it! I can’t wait for summer (and when I'm slightly tanned) so I can wear this product on my arms. So, despite being terrible for my hair, it’s brilliant on my skin.

Have any of you tried this product? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. awww!! That's such a shame about the powder :( I didn't know that powder products could even do that! I thought they always made your hair bigger. Oh well :( i love that you found a new way to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much lady! I must have very strange hair....ha. However, it;s great to know I don't have to throw it away

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that sucks! Glad you told us all about it though, it'll be great for the summer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, too bad this didn't work with your hair. =/ But yay for finding an alternative way of using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bummer! Your hair flattened flat on your face? hmm.. thats weird!

    I use Batiste, I love the scent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bronwen...thanks for the comment and I totally agree about the summer thing

    @Tiffyama. Thanks lady!

    @PopBlush. I know right? I was pretty annoyed about that for sure. My hair never goes flat usually so it was very odd that it did so with this product

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.