Sep 15, 2010

Superstore: I Heart You and Your Duo Concealer

Allan hates Superstore. Whenever I suggest going, he'll find an excuse for us to go somewhere smaller. I get that he dislikes the crowds, the lines, the poor food selection, and the yellow coloring......

But what he doesn't get is that Superstore has the JOE Fresh Line.
I adore Superstore for this line alone. Seriously, I have bought some pretty amazing clothes from there plus all my gloves for winter, cute flats, skinny belts and, my newest JOE obsession, beauty products.

I went to a Superstore last night that I'd never been to before. It was extremely large and the staff was confused, but, all in all, they had a great selection of cosmetics, which is where I beelined immediately. I was perusing through their sale bins when I noticed a HUGE white stand that said "JOE Fresh Beauty".

I was dumbfounded. Yes, I'd noticed the stand on one of my "we-need-to-get-groceries-let's-make-it-snappy" outings with Allan but I had never actually NOTICED it. I stopped in front of it, set my basket down, took my sunglasses off and stared at the pretty cosmetics for about 3 minutes.

I would like to say right now that they have quite a good selection of colors. For us pasteys, the cream foundation and bronzer colors might be a bit too dark, but the pressed powder and concealers were quite good. In fact, I purchased the JOE Fresh Beauty Duo Concealer to test it out. Oh, and it was only $8. (I'll say this right now, as much as I love Youngblood Cosmetics, I despise paying $22 for a concealer. I am definitely trying to source a cheaper option.)

After my $8 purchase, I rushed right home to wash my makeup off and try the new product. Just so everyone knows, it's a duo concealer. One end is a liquid with a sponge applicator and the other is a cream solid that can twist up. (I prefer cream concealers so that's the side I used.) I used the cream end, applying it with a concealer brush, and the color was actually almost a perfect match. I also found that I didn't have to use as much as I did with the Youngblood and my skin wasn't feeling as oily. All in all, for an $8 concealer from Superstore I was impressed immensly. Time will tell whether I break out or not, but for the most part, I highly recommend trying the line ladies!

NOTE: I am in no way comparing JOE Fresh Beauty with Youngblood because YB is a mineral makeup line, where as JOE Fresh isn't. I will say that the feel of the JOE Fresh product on my face is less oily, less shiny and well worth the $8.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you're gonna LOVE this....

    http://www.vancouversun.com/Fresh+open+flagship+store+downtown+Vancouver/3039263/story.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME.....I am super stoked for this now. Thanks so much for sending the article....xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.