Oct 18, 2011

My New HG Hair Oil: FOUND!!

For me to want to blog about a hair product it has to be either two things: One, absolutely terrible that I need to warn people not to use it or two, absolutely freakin amazing (which doesn't happen too often.)  I am please to say that this one is the latter.

Oh, and I should probably say right now that it's an Avon product or else you won't believe me.  (yes, you heard me right....AVON!!)  The product is called Advance Techniques Daily Results Anti-Frizz Capsules.

For the past few years, I've been an advocate of Aargan Oil and/or Moroccan Oil as a hair product.  Since my hair is extremely thick and frizzy, I need quite a dallop of either of these to tame my horrible hair mess and make it manageable.  Now, those that use either of these products know that they're quite expensive and, though they work quite well, are not good for the diva trying to save some pennies.  Plus, since I'm growing my hair out into the fabulous banged bob, I need more products than normal so, needless to say, I've been trying to find less expensive alternatives.  I was given the Advance Techniques Capsules as a free gift and used one randomly last week.  The results were amazing!

Advance Techniques Daily Results Anti-Frizz Capsules

Pros:
Only cost about $8 compared to Moroccan oil which is about $22
Come in pliable capsule form for easy access
Capsules are easy to use and reduce waste of product
Hair becomes extremely shiny
Hair is much more manageable and way less frizzy
Can be used on both dry and wet hair
When used on wet hair, makes blowdrying less damaging
Less blowdry time if used on wet hair
Can be used prior to shampooing as a shine treatment (for thin hair)
One capsule is perfect amount for thick hair but for thin hair you can get about three uses per capsule
Hair is not weighed down like with some oil/serum treatments
Hair condition looks and feels better with continued use
Best for colored, dry, over-processed hair
Cons:
Again, has to be ordered either online or through an Avon rep
Only 16 capsules per container

Never have I ever been so impressed with an inexpensive product as I am with the Advanced Techniques.  I use this every second day (on my hair wash days) and always apply it right before I blow dry.  I have noticed that my hair is getting much softer and feels less brittle/over-processed.  I have already put in an order for three more jars!!!

Have any of you tried this product before?  What are your thoughts?

XO Christina

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like such an amazing product! I think this is one I should try for sure!! Thanks for sharing about it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fantastic! I want to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't AVON the bomb diggs? I just received some makeup from them and I am loving it!

    -Holly
    ultaismycandystore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reveiw! I am noramlly very against low-end brands being a hairdresser, but may have to try this product out!

    Jessi
    makeupjunkieconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, I might try this!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.