Oct 25, 2011

Delicious Smore's Caramel Apples and Drugstore Goodies

I was extremely busy this weekend.  Honestly, I was.  I baked and cooked and made hair treatments and even found time to give myself a facial.  (Long overdue if you ask me.)  I was so busy that I couldn't even blog yesterday.  Here's exactly why...

I made Smore's Caramel Apples!!  On a whim, I decided to make some goodies that both Allan and I could take to our offices for our co-workers to munch on.  For those that have never made caramel apples I should begin by saying that it's a lot more tedious than I originally thought.  But after the caramel finally melted and the marshmallows began to stick to the apples, I think the finished product looks absolutely fabulous.  (And they taste really really great too.  I had mine yesterday!!)  For the recipe, should the baking feeling/desire hit you, click here.

I also got a few things from Rite-Aid this week and forgot to tell you about them.  (Silly me, I know.)  I bought: Pssssst Dry Shampoo, Queen Helene Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment, Gel Eye Mask, Sally Hansen VitaSurge Growth Gel, Jessie's Girl High Intensity Nail Color in Baby Cakes and Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstain in Passion.  

Pssssst Dry Shampoo 
This is probably the most exciting purchase I've made in a long time.  I say this because I have been looking EVERYWHERE for this dry shampoo.  I've heard it compares to Batiste and I can't wait to review it for you.

Queen Helene Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment 
My hair is so over-processed right now that a hot oil treatment is an absolute must.  I can not wait to test this one out.

Gel Eye Mask 
Because every girl needs one and for some reason I've never owned one.  This mask can be used cold or warm with the purpose being to relax and soothe tired senses.  

Sally Hansen VitaSurge Growth Gel
Have never tried it before but need something to help me grow my nails.  It seems as though my nails get to a certain length and then decide to stop growing.....not fun.

Jessie's Girl High Intensity Nail Color in Baby Cakes
This picture really doesn't do this color any justice at all.  Honestly, the pink is almost florescent.  Can not WAIT to use this for a NOTD.

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in Passion
Love any pink lip color and I've heard great things about the lip stains so I thought I'd try it out.  I love that the balm is on one end while the stain is on the other; it's just so convenient.  Another fabulous thing about this is that the balm is actually extremely moisturizing.  Unlike some that wear off quickly, this one actually stays on the lips for quite some time.

Aside from the purchases, I've also been reading a fantastic book.  It's called Room by Emma Donoghue.  I really don't want to give too much away but it's a story about imprisonment and, once they've escaped, the effects thereafter.  If you're on the hunt for a good read, I highly suggest it.

Whew, that's what I've been up.  So, how about you?  How was your weekend?

XO Christina 

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Those caramel apples look so good!! I'm glad I don't work in your office though, I def. don't need those, hahaha!
    I love your little haul, excited to see how the dry shampoo works out for you.
    I read lots of great things about "Room" but I haven't been able to bring myself to read it. It kinda freaks me out. ha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth literally watered at the sight of those caramel apples. Mmm...

    I got the orange Sally Hansen gel and reviewed it on my blog. It was pretty crappy and I didn't like it at ALL.. so.. hopefully the green one fairs better for you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies for the comments. Mandy, I'm sad to hear you say that. Hopefully this one will work, even a little bit

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmMMMM next time get Allan to bring one over to ME!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.