Oct 7, 2011

DIY Beauty Fridays: Homemade Revitalizing Face Mask

As you can probably tell from my toner post yesterday, I'm on a major skin care kick at the moment.  Sometimes, it's all about lipsticks or glosses and other times it's about eye shadows but today, bring on the skin care!  Plus, my skin has been looking better and better everyday which is making me extremely happy!  I honestly don't know if it's all the water I've been drinking or the amount of hours I've been putting in at the gym but my skin looks and feels better than it has in a long time.  I'm sure these two things are definitely helping however I also think it has to do with all the natural skin care products I've been incorporating into my normal routine.  (Hence why we're making a face mask today).

Peach and Honey Revitalizing Face Mask

1 large peach OR nectarine (skinned and pitted)
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons greek yogurt

And that's it.  Mash the peach and honey together to make a workable paste.  Add yogurt and mix thoroughly.  Pat evenly on cleansed face and leave on for about 10 minutes.  Rinse off with cool water and tone/moisturize like normal.  (NOTE: if the mixture starts to drip, which it probably will, wrap a towel around your neck to prevent the drips from getting on your clothes.)

Why this works: Peaches and nectarines are both excellent sources of alpha-hydroxy fruit acids which are known to renew your skin and scrub off dead skin cells.  They are also a source of Vitamins A and C which, as we all know, make skin look more alive.  However, the peach juice itself helps to unclog pores, banish blemishes, lighten age spots and reduce wrinkles.  I know, it's an absolute miracle fruit.

Give it a try ladies and let me know your thoughts.  By the way, Happy Thanksgiving weekend all my Canadian friends!!

XO Christina 

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh... I should have done this last night when I did a mask!! Next time for sure! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ......and you can eat the left overs... and by that I mean the left overs in the bowl... not your face. HAHAHA. :) I love face masks. when my face goes through oily spells i do one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with peaches in it im into!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! I LOOOOOVE the smell of peaches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally bookmarking this for future reference! It sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Just when I needed it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mask is on my face at this very moment! I used blueberry greek yogurt (as it was the only yogurt in my fridge...) instead of regular and a somewhat old nectarine with pure honey (still grainy) and the smell is so delicious that not only do I want to eat my face, but I want to eat my bathroom as well because I may have spilled some (or all...) of it on my bathroom floor (:
    This was an incredible idea and I don't think I will ever ever EVER forget it! Thanks so much and have a wonderful day! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.