Jul 21, 2010

It's a Pimple Intervention

Yes, as you can see, I am posting about pimples....again. Now, it could be that I woke up this morning with a zit (...or three) on my chin, for which I'm retaliating, OR maybe I just have some great advice......Hmmmmm, food for thought.

Pimples, plain and simple, are the cause of excess oil clogging the pores. Once a pimple has emerged, it can also be spread to other parts of the skin very very quickly. Because of this, touching, squeezing, or picking is never advised. (But, come on, who actually listens to that.) Here are some great tips to actually prevent pimples....

1. Drink Water. Yes, we all know this. Weird thing is it actually works. Water is going to flush the toxins out of your body thus aiding in the prevention of acne or pimples.
2. Skin Care Regime. This is an absolute must! Develop a regime that involves a cleanser, exfoliant and a moisturizer. Exfoliating is one of the easiest ways to remove dirt and buildup on your skin. Ensure that the exfoliant you're using is gentle and doesn't irritate or dry your face.
3. Ponytails. For all the ladies with long hair ensure that you get it off your face when sleeping. If you are a fan of product, like I am, and don't wash your hair before bed, like me, just think of all that junk touching your skin. (Dry Shampoo, pomade, hair spray, hair masks.....sorry, just thinking what would be touching my skin if I had long hair...)
4. Pillowcases. Okay...I am not saying to wash your sheets every day or anything but changing your pillowcase every night will actually help. Our hair touches the pillowcase, then our faces touch it.....you get my drift
5. Wash It Off. You definitely want to remove the make-up before you sleep. Whenever I sleep in make-up, and yes, I have done so a few times, it always seems that I get a new pimple the next day. When you sleep, it's best to let your skin breathe so remove the daily face and put on a great night cream. You'll notice a major difference.
6. No Picking. Umm, I'm bad for this one. The last thing I want is to walk around with a big whitehead, so if you MUST touch it make sure that your hands are clean. (I find it best to only pick something after I've cleansed my face). Also, put a tissue in between your fingers and use the tissue to touch the actual zit, instead of your hands. (Less spreading this way.)
7. No Washcloths. This is something that my mom told me back when I was in high school. Washcloths, though clean, still harbour bacteria. Try not to use a washcloth when washing your face. I went out and bought a natural facial sponge that I use and have noticed a vast improvement to my skin. Also, change the towel you dry your face on often. Bacteria builds up everywhere and the last place we want it is on our face!

This tips will help greatly. Trust me on that. Also, if I have missed anything, let me know as I would love to be able to expand on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.