Jul 19, 2010

Dial Up Mascara???


I was wandering through London Drugs Saturday afternoon and I, of course, beelined for the cosmetics area. Now, this trip wasn't like any other, since I was with a great friend of mine and we were both a bit tipsy from drinking on the patio. (Well, me more so than her...) I ended up buying a lot of things I didn't really need...aka three more lip glosses in Coral...BUT I found the product that's the basis for this review: Almay One Coat Dial Up Mascara

It's a brand new product, just launched in June, that actually has an adjustable base. The point of the dial is to customize the amount of lash coverage you want; a remarkable idea if you ask me.

So, does it work???

It's a chunky tube that actually compresses internally, thus giving the dialing effect. It has a thicker brush ( not your standard mascara wand) that does appear to evenly distribute the mascara. Level 1 gives a nice dusting of mascara but not very dramatic. Level 2, again, same as before but it goes on a bit thicker. Level 3 is the only level worth using as it gives full lashes but not the volume.

Would I use it again?

Though the idea of the mascara is smashing, I am not sold on the product. I love full, dramatic and voluptuous lashes and it didn't happen with this product. I, also, despise a mascara that makes my lashes hard to the touch. (This can cause lashes to break or fall out.) Having said this, I will definitely stick with my Estee Lauder or Lash Stiletto!

Let me know your thoughts though. I am always eager to hear what others think....

4 comments:

  1. I saw the ad for this and was curios about it... Now I think I'll avoid it. Thanks so much for these smashing tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you like the tip! Remember, everyone wants something different from a mascara and if you want bold, dramatic eyes, then I definitely don't recommend it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christina, so sorry that you were the one that actually purchased this mascara that we were so curious aboutlol. Thanks to your excellent review I will steer clear of the Almay and try the lash stiletto that I have been wanting to try for some time. You're the best xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Margaret!!! Honestly, as much as I wanted to LOVE this product, I just didn't think that it was worth the money. I figured that if I was going to be using it on the third setting all the time, then it's better to buy something that's designed to give full lashes....xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.