Oct 25, 2010

My AVON Experience


I was 12 when I bought my first AVON lip color.

I was vacationing with my sister and grandparents in a beautiful place called Camano Island in Washington. The Island planned a huge flea market one weekend of every summer and, like always, the four of us attended. As we're wandering through, I stopped at a booth covered in lipsticks. I bought a bronze lip color that was shaped like a pencil, and wore it all summer long. That was my first AVON encounter and my last, as I never bought an AVON product since.

Until last week....

I've been hearing about how great their products are for weeks from a friend of mine who had just ordered some moisturizers for next to nothing. So, she gave me a whole stack of magazines to go through and I spent about two days perusing AND making a list of items I wanted. AVON, at least to me, has always had a stigma....you know, like an"old lady cosmetic line". Since receiving, and using, my new products, this stigma has completely disappeared. Here are a few things I purchased:
MARK Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes. This palette was designed to give your skin a natural glow and luminosity. Seriously, it's fabulous. There are 9 different colors in the compact that you can either swirl together and apply all over, or individually as highlighters or shadows. It's easy to use AND, most important, not messy since it's a cream to powder formula.
MARK On The Dot Eye Color Compact. This palette combines 9 different colors, all metallic might I add, eye shadows. I haven't used all the colors but the compact itself is small, fits in a purse and was worth the $15.
MARK Just Pinched Instant Blush Tint in Sunny. It still amazes me that I've never used a blush stick before now. Sunny, the color, is a nice red-brown that works well with red lips. It goes on creamy and blends easily to give a sheer color. It was only $7 by the way.
AVON Nail Experts Lemon Fortifier. Never again will I subject my nails to a hardener other than this one. It gives your nail a nice shine AND brightens them at the same time. Plus, the hardener actually lasts for days on the nail without peeling. I love it and it was only $4.99
AVON Smooth Minerals Foundation in Soft Ivory. Alright, so I haven't tried this product yet BUT if the color is good for Reese Witherspoon (who is the face of this product) than the color will be perfect for me too. I'll keep you posted.

What about you? Have you tried AVON before? Let me know your thoughts...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it's awesome that you got some stuff you love! I totally thought the same thing for a long time, that it was cheap stuff. I love their moisturizers and I love that it doesn't have to cost me a fortune! I guess that's why they've been around for so long... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bought their face products and liked them at the time. I haven't used them since so they may have changed. I remember liking the facemask.
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! Thanks for the comments. I must say, I am uber impressed with their products so far. I might have to try some of items you two recommended!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.