Oct 7, 2010

Surprisingly Smooth Skin from CoverGirl

The other day, while on my way inside, I actually remembered to check the mailbox and was greeted with a nice surprise...A free sample! Woohoo, I thought to myself, it must be my lucky day. Imagine getting a free beauty product sample in the mail. (Don't burst my bubble here people.....just let me assume I'm the only one who received this freebie!!!)

So, I opened the box and was greeted with a CoverGirl product. Now, I'll be honest. I don't actively buy CoverGirl. I recently tried a mascara of theirs, which I disliked, so I wasn't too keen on trying this baby BUT then I noticed another name in the title: CoverGirl and Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer.

I put the sample to good use this morning after moisturizer. The primer goes on like a cream (and is actually white in color due to the addition of Titanium Dioxide) and is easily applied, but it does take some time to set (about five minutes or so.) Once absorbed, my skin was silky smooth, my fine lines had almost disappeared and my concealer held perfectly.

Now, over 12 hours after applying, my make-up still looks perfect and my skin's had no oily mishaps.

So, If you are on the hunt for a primer, and don't want to spend a lot, I highly recommend trying this product out.

5 comments:

  1. That's so funny! I got a bunch of free samples last night too! Although, I sure didn't get this one!
    Question: why does it seem, to me at least, that primer has suddenly become so popular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for free samples. That's a really good question actually. Primer has been around for a long time, though it wasn't as popular before nor were there as many brands. Quite some time ago, people would use talcum powder on their face to take away oily areas and now, we have creams, balms, gels, pressed powders and loose rice powders that do the same thing without clogging pores, causing skin problems, or adding thick layers. Why the popularity? People want to look flawless, plain and simple. Primers are designed to even out skin tones, complexions and textures, all the while covering oily spots and creating a base for makeup. I am a huge fan of primer. Once you've used it, you can't go without. Trust me on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for the info, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christina! I am definitely going to try this one. You think it will be ok for my breakout prone skin?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady. I would definitely give it a try. You don't need much though, and make sure you give it time to set. Oh, by the way, I have some new skin care products I want you to try...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.