Jul 13, 2011

Review: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

Cleansing your face with oil?  Are you serious?

I'll admit that's exactly what I thought when I received a sample of DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil.  Gone was my knowledge of (and experience with) olive oil products and in it's place was utter apprehension.  I know, I know it's wrong of me but my skin has been breaking out lately and the LAST thing I thought it needed was a layer of oil.

But....(drumroll please) I was very very wrong.

For those of you that are new to DHC, (acronym for Daigaku Honyaku Center) it's a Japanese cosmetic/skin care manufacturer with it's headquarters being in Tokyo.  The product that started it all was DHC Olive Virgin Oil and, from there, the power of olive oil transpired into a full product line.  Yes, they have tons of other products aside from olive oil but, honestly, there's no need to look any further than the Deep Cleansing Oil.  I mean, there must be a good reason that SO many top makeup artists and celebrities are loving this stuff.  I was about to find out why....

Pros:
You only need a dime size amount to cover your entire face
Can be used on dry, makeup covered skin
Remove with either water or a dry cloth
Removes eye makeup in addition to foundation/concealer
Adds great moisture to your skin
No greasy residue left behind on skin
Makeup seems to melt of face without having to scrub
Skin is soooooo smooth and soft afterwards
Removes blackheads and buildup
Takes off waterproof mascara extremely well

Cons:
Must be purchased online only 

Gosh, I love being wrong.  This product did not make my skin break out or become greasy.  In fact it made my skin supple and very very silky feeling.  Plus, it removed my makeup better than most of my other cleansers.  I will, without a doubt, be placing an order for the full size (6.7 fl oz) bottle.  Plus, at only $26 USD, it's an absolute steal.

QUICK NOTE: Ladies, DHC will give four free samples to ANYONE that calls their toll free number.  In fact, they have sample sizes of ALL their products.  If you haven't done so already, call them at 1-800-342-2273 to get yours.  Oh, and if you do, you should definitely get the Deep Cleansing Oil.

XO

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Christina! I wouldn't think using oil would be a good idea, but I'm definitely tempted to give them a call for a sample! Never heard of DHC before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! It seems very good, maybe I have to try it, i can use it ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Dermalogica oil precleanse and I thought exactly like you! Oil on oily face? no thanks! I'm writing the name of this brand down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the tip about getting free samples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! Oils usually scare me, but this sounds worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about DHC for a while and saw it all over Japan the last time I visited...but never got around to trying anything from their skin care lines. Thanks for the recommendations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS tip! This is why I adore you! Thanks for sharing.. I can't wait to call and try the oil for myself. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay...thanks ladies for the comments!!! Honestly, I had never heard of this brand before either and love getting free samples so it worked out well

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.