Jun 21, 2011

My Shopping Spree Weekend (Part 2)

Buying clothes can sometimes be a slight challenge for me.  See, I quit smoking sometime ago and gained quite a bit of weight (almost instantly) and it's been very difficult for me to adjust to my new size.  I have started working out again (YAY for me) and am eating extremely healthy so I know it's only a matter of time before I'm back to my original size but it's taking such a long time AND I'm so impatient.  Ha.  So, with this in mind, I never have high hopes when I'm out shopping.

This weekend was completely different....

Saturday's shop was at Suzy Shier.  I like their clothes because they aren't expensive AND they always have a vast selection of sizes.  Plus, they were having a fabulous sale where you buy one item and get a second item for free.  (How great is that right?)

As per usual, I was instantly drawn to this long maxi dress.  It was a bargain at only $30 (plus I have a discount card that saves me 10% off everything too) and it fits me really really well.  I am beyond obsessed with maxi dresses right now, which you all know, and liked this one because of the two-tone black and white.  (Color blocking is a big trend this year and this dress is a quick and easy way to rock the trend without trying too hard.)


I also picked up a gorgeous new top for work (I call it my peacock top), a pair of black classic Audrey-inspired capri pants and a pair of denim shorts.  The top was a mere $20, the capris only $22 and the shorts were on sale for $12.  Such a bargain. Last but not least (from Suzy Shier anyway)....

 My very first Carrie Bradshaw-esque outfit.  (Thanks to my girlfriend Bronwen for making me try this outfit on AND telling me it looked fabulous!!)  I probably wouldn't have had the guts to try it on had I been alone but, with a slight push, I realize I can totally rock a fun outfit like this.  The skirt is awesome!  Not only is the color fantastic but the elastic waistband can either be rolled down OR worn high with a shirt tucked in.  The black and white flowy top is shorter and I'll wear it tucked in slightly to the skirt.  With a pair of really high black heels, I'm totally ready to go out on the town with Allan.

While cross-border shopping on Sunday, I saw these adorable wedge shoes and HAD to have them.  Plus, they were 40% off and I only paid $31 for them.  I have been wanting a pair of cream wedge shoes for a while so I felt like I struck gold when I saw them!!

I am always on the hunt for great work tops and seem to have a lot of luck at the Gap.  I veered in the store instantly and it turns out they were having an additional 50% sale on all clearance items.  (Lucky for me since all of these items were on clearance.)  The red top is nice and flowy with a cute little flower pattern on the right side, the green tank is perfect for working out and I am always needing more black tank tops.  These three shirts were only $35 total.

Macy's was my next stop.  I usually find a lot of items at Macy's but never items that are on sale.  So when I walked in, I told myself that I was only allowed to purchase sale items.  And I did just that.  I BOUGHT MY FIRST ROMPER!!!  I say that in caps because I'm actually quite excited about it.  It has a halter top, which I love, and a verrrry low back.  (Super sexy.)  I'll be honest, the shorts being connected to the top does take some getting used to, but all in all, I love that I stepped out of my comfort zone and bought it.  This little number was $45.

I also got a couple other work shirts from Macy's; one being the tank top on the left and then my FAVE work top of the lot on the right.  It's this cute V-neck flowy top with a pink bow pattern.  So cute.  The tank was $23 and the bow shirt was $35.

I am so thrilled with all of my purchases and am very happy with the way the fit me.  Though I am still adjusting to my size, it's nice to know I can still look good!!!

XO

11 comments:

  1. Another great haul!! You're so ready for summer now! I love everything you got! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bronwen!!! And thanks for your help at Suzy Shier!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great purchases!!!I love the "peacock top" and denim shorts and I really love your "Carrie Bradshaw esque outfit!!!! You are going to look so HOT in that!

    Congratulations on quitting smoking. I know from experience it is not easy so congrats! And don't worry any weight you gained from quitting is better than what the cigs does to your body!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! Unfortunately, it makes me miss Summer BIG TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe you got that maxi for only 30$ and I love your carrie bradshaw outfit!!!

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the maxi! You got a lot of cute stuff!! Love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT! Love all of it! But especially the maxi dress! I'm addicted to them, too! I got a SUPER cute one at Target for $28 and a surprisingly cute and well-made one at WalMart (of all places!) for $14! Both are strapless and I got 2 strapless sundresses at Target as well along with MY first romper!! THEY ARE SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also enjoying maxi dresses lately, though I only have two right now and must go out and buy 5 more!

    Hope you don't mind but I tagged you for the Versatile Blog award. http://beautyreductionista.blogspot.com/2011/06/tagged-again-versatile-beauty-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I LOVE all of these outfits you got, I don't even know where to start! First of all, my favorite is definently the Carrie Bradshaw themed outfit. You will definently rock that! I also love your wedges, so cute! :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh look at you in your romper!! I love it! I want one, too but I'm a little bit afraid of them. I need to get one before they go out of style though! haha I really love that maxi dress and the peacock top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bow print top is awesome!! And the peacock top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.