Mar 22, 2012

Spring 2012 Beauty (and Fashion) Trends

There is something so refreshing about springtime.  I don't know if it's the crisp air, blooming flowers, light sprinkles of rain or spring dresses, but all of these combined make for one of my favorite times of the year.  Plus, I can honestly say that in my 29 years, it's also the first spring I've seen with so many bold colors, printed fabrics, obscure short suits and orange lips.  I LOVE it!!

1.  Tangerine Tango

This is the pantone color of 2012!  (For those that do want the actual color number it's 17-1463 TCX).  Orange lips and clothing are all the rage on the runways right now and I am so glad to see it.  There is nothing sexier than orange and turquoise OR orange lips with a nice beach glow.  Plus, good news my fair ladies,  even if you can't rock a full tangerine dress, try incorporating this color is a bag or some cute sandals.

2.  Peplum 

Seeing this trend reminds of most of my outfits from the late 80's and early 90's.  For those that aren't too familiar, a peplum is a short overskirt or ruffle attached to the waistline of a jacket, dress or blouse.  OMG, my sister used to have a sheath dress that was bright purple on the bottom and striped lime green and purple on the top.  It then had a little purple ruffle that snapped onto the waist once the dress was in place.  Seriously, the cutest little dress ever.  Anyway, I am loving this trend and can't wait to find a great printed peplum skirt.

3.  Bold (aka bushy) Eyebrows

According to Vogue and InStyle, the bold eyebrow trend is back with a bang.  Supposedly, it keeps your face looking more youthful and is very old hollywood glam.  To be honest, I'm all over this trend as I naturally have quite bold eyebrows so I've been on this bandwagon for years.  However, for those that aren't as "endowed" as I am, I highly suggest investing in a great brow gel and pencil.  These two products will assist in creating this oh-so easy look.

4.  Pastel Shades


Though I'm not really into pastels personally, I had to mention this trend because it's popping up everywhere.  From footwear to eyeliner to handbags and even tights, pastels are a trend that's here to stay (for 2012 at least.)  For those that are on board with this ultra feminine look, NARS has a bunch of gorgeous liners, pencils and jumbo creams that encompass all the pastel colors to create a nice, airy makeup look.

5. Colorful Boat Shoes 

I adore these shoes from afar but for some reason just can't bring myself to get a pair.  First off I have NO idea how to wear them (though they are on every billboard and in every magazine) and they feel extremely manly.  However, this prepster-inspired trend is all over and look just as great (if not better) on men as well as women.  

6.  New Neutral Nails 

After seeing neons, flourescent yellows, greys and reds over the past few months, I am tickled about the new neutrals hitting the runway this spring.  This trend features shorter but well-manicured nails in very soft tones. (think ballet slipper pink, milky white or creamy beige).  For those on the lookout for a quick combo-pack loaded with the these soft colors, grab OPI's New York City Ballet Collection.  (I believe it goes on sale in April.)

What is your favorite spring 2012 trend ladies?  Anything catching your eye that I haven't mentioned?

8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the orange...maybe as an accessories, but not lipstick for me. haha. I love everything else!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady. Actually you could totally rock an orange lip for sure

      xo

      Delete
  2. Great post & great blog. I love the pastels.

    myownfashionfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. personally i like the tangerine trend and the pastel...the others aren't really my things...lol

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those shoes too! Though I agree with not knowing how to wear them! I just love how nautical they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, excited about the pantone color of 2012 :) You should credit the pics you used, like Temptalia's lip swatch, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for the comments ladies! Yes, I have been thinking that I really need to start crediting the pics I've been using. THANKS for reminding me of that.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.