Mar 26, 2012

The Beauty Products We Used as Teens BUT Can't Quite Outgrow

When I was a teenager, I thought I was so cool.  I mean, I'm actually cool now but I really thought I was cool then.  (Ha.)  I still remember dabbling in my mom's makeup closet and trying on her fragrances, lipstick and her eyeliner.  Of course, I didn't really know what to do with "grown-up" makeup then so my mom took it upon herself to stock me with flavored lip glosses, toners, eye shadows and cleansers that were "teen appropriate" brands. 

The funniest part of this is that I still use a lot of these brands today.  Check out the beauty products I used as a teen but can't quite seem to outgrow...

1.  Lip Smacker by Bonne Bell

Photo courtesy of www.lipsmacker.com
I have been obsessed with Lip Smacker since I was about 10.  Honestly, the Dr. Pepper flavor not only tastes okay (after you get over the waxy consistency) but actually tints your lips a nice subtle red tone.  I have about 5 going at any given time (purse, coffee table, vanity table, desk at work and nightstand) because I'm just not a complete person without it.  Plus, the fact that they only cost about $1.77 at Target makes this one of the cheapest lip glosses you can by that actually moisturizes your lips.

2.  Nivea Cream 

Photo courtesy of www.shespeaks.com
Bronwen, my fab friend and now Maid-Of-Honor, used this all the time growing up and still does.  She says that it not only smells great but works like a charm and is very moisturizing.  I'm guessing this is why Nivea Creme is still one of the top-selling body moisturizes around.  In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

3.  Caboodle Kits

Photo courtesy of www.amazon.com
 Do you ladies remember Caboodle Kits?  Okay, I had a HUGE one that was purple and mint green that accompanied me everywhere.  It was filled with all my dance necessities and it would come on every dance trip AND even traveled to Vancouver with me from Prince George.  Honestly, they last forever and store everything neatly.  Plus, I hear that they can now be monogrammed....How cool is that?

4.  Baby Shampoo 

Photo courtesy of www.comparestoreprices.co.uk
There are two reasons why baby shampoo is always stocked in my cupboard.  First, it's a fantastic shampoo as it leaves hair tangle-free and second, it's the best make-up remover ever.  It's completely tear-free and works wonders on stubborn waterproof mascara.  If you've never tried it for either of these reasons before, you HAVE TO!

5.  Cetaphil Cleanser

Photo courtesy of www.instyle.com
 This cleanser has got me threw some really bad skin times, let me tell you.  It's one that I started using when I was 13 and still use on occasion, even now.  In fact, my friend Ariella uses it too and she's a make-up artist!  It's great for sensitive skin, it's non-comedogenic and won't clog your pores at all.  Plus it's such a bargain price that you can't go wrong!

What are some of the beauty products you've been using since your teens?

10 comments:

  1. I used to use nivea cream and lip smackers as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nivea cream, it's great! reminds me of childhood, my mum always had a tub

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember caboodles! I had one for horse shows, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, I never knew you could use baby shampoo as a makeup remover! Sooo trying that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nivea creme takes me back to childhood, I love the fragrance! Lipsmackers yeah, gotta love those too, although these day I buy them to give as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! Oh, and I love Lip Smackers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the comments ladies!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nivea cream is ONE ingredient away from Creme de la Mer. For serious!

    I think I've upgraded all my teenage favorites, but I wore eyeshadow as eyeliner in high school and still do that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooooo trueeee!!!! lip smackers and cetaphil for me, definitely! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
    Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just an FYI- Baby shampoo strips color from processed hair. If you have any kind of dye on your hair, the baby shampoo will pull it off. But it does work great as a make-up remover, mixed with a bit of EVOO and water.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.