Oct 9, 2015

A Week of Swatches - Day 5: E.L.F.


It's rare for me to find E.L.F. products that I actually am in love with.  Occasionally, there will be a lipstick or an eyeshadow that I'm made about but most of the time it's hit or miss.  The great thing about the line is that if you hate something, you aren't out a lot of money AND you can always find a diamond in the rough if you look hard enough.

I'd been reading about their Bronzer and Blush quads for quite some time and picked them up for about $6 a piece.  I also snatched up a Mineral Lipstick for about $5 and a Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow for $3.


The colors of the blush palette look gorgeous out of the box.  I chose the "light" version as I am quite pale and love pale pinks on my cheeks.


For a $6 palette, the colors aren't too shabby.  I am really taken with the coral color though the matte bronze/beige is not good for me.


Out of the box, I am completely appalled with the bronzer palette.  Seriously, the colors are all the same, only one has any shimmer and the rest are matte and quite dull.


There isn't too much to say about the swatches except that I will not be using this quad at all.


The Lustrious Eyeshadow in Festivity is a nice shimmery purple.  What I love most about the product is how easy it is to blend and apply.  I adore the creamy texture and am actually quite impressed with the pigmentation.


It's super pretty, actually.  After looking at the color more, I feel that it might be a dupe for a higher end product line.   More on that later!


Last but not least, the Mineral Lipstick.  I ordered it as it was called Beautiful Berry and had a nice berry red sticker on the side of the box.  I do have to say the shade is a lot more on the pink side than red but still not too shabby.

For anyone interested in shopping with E.L.F., shop using this code to get some awesome deals!  Click the link below!
Grab the perfect Smokey Eye Kit for fall, 6 pieces for $6 (a $21 value!); including our newest Mad for Matte eyeshadow palette! Offer valid 10/6/15-10/12/15 with any purchase of $25 or more. use promocode MARSALA at checkout.

    

1 comment:

  1. I love the eye shadow, it's so pretty! The bronzer palette is disappointing, they really do all look the same. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.