Mar 2, 2012

DIY Beauty Fridays: Flushing Fat with Green Tea

I am all about tea right now. 

I know I've talked about it a few times HERE and HERE and HERE but honestly ladies tea has not only made me feel better mentally but physically my body is looking less round and puffy. (Voluptuous as some say but I just say round.)  Some may call me crazy but I know that tea can not only help you lose weight BUT can also purify your system to alleviate bloating and roundness.  A miracle in a tea bag???  I think so...Here are two recipes that are easy to make, taste awesome and help reduce tummy bloating, all the while keeping you hydrated.

The Carb Lovers Diet Fat Flushing Cocktail
(my personal favorite)

8 cups of brewed green tea (look for 100% green tea and not blended green)
Juice from one orange (I purchased a juicer for about $12 but the juicing can be done by hand)
Juice from one lemon
Juice from one lime

Mix all ingredients together and drink either hot or cold.  (I prefer this cocktail cold and always have a pitcher of it ready to drink in my fridge.)  A pitcher can be stored in your fridge for up to three days.  **This amazing fat flushing drink can actually help you burn off an additional 80 calories a day.**

Flat Tummy Tea
(If you want a smaller version of the one above)

One cup brewed green or white tea
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Mix ingredients and drink while warm.  Try and replace this drink with your morning coffee or black tea and you'll see improvements almost instantly.

Why this works?:  Green tea is filled with antioxidants that actually stimulate weight loss, prevent bloating and can help you stay regular.  Exchange you morning coffee with a cup of green tea and you're not only helping to prevent various cancers and heart disease but you're going to live a longer life since green tea promotes longevity too.

Drink away ladies and happy Friday!!

4 comments:

  1. What great recipes! Honestly, I can't wait to try them! I wonder if I only drink The Carb Lovers Diet Fat Flushing Cocktail, if I can also become a lot less round!! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo going to make these! i LOOOOOVE LOVE tea :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I need to start drinking gree tea. I have never really liked the stuff but my dad loves it.

    Stop by our blog and enter our giveaway for a personalized necklace made by Sima.
    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com/2012/03/sima-gilady-necklace-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound great but I especially love all the citrus juices in the first recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.