Mar 23, 2012

DIY Beauty Fridays: The Amazing Carrot

Recently on my quest to lose 10 pounds, I've incorporated carrot juice into my morning smoothie.  Now, I realize that we're all probably familiar with how the carrot effects our body and mind but did you know that it also is FABULOUS for our hair and skin?

Carrots are not only jam-packed with vitamins and carotene but they also promote the repair of skin tissue, nourish and protect the skin, produce collagen for smooth skin, assist in reducing redness and are a natural sunblock.  Who knew the carrot had this many amazing characteristics!  Here are a few quick and easy recipes for our skin, hair and insides!!

Easy Carrot Face Mask

2-3 organic carrots 
4 and a 1/2 TBSP organic honey 

Step 1: Wash and dry carrots
Step 2: Steam carrots on the stove or your preferred method.  Let cool when done.
Step 3: Mash carrots until a smooth consistency has been created.
Step 4: Add honey and mix together.
Step 5: Apply mixture to cleansed face and let sit for 10 minutes.  Rinse with cool water.

Your skin will feel very rejuvenated after this application.  Also, since this recipe makes A LOT of mask, try using this on your arms, back or chest, wherever your skin needs some TLC.

Nourishing Carrot Hair Treatment

1 organic carrot, grated 
Extra virgin olive oil 
Saucepan
Avocado 

Step 1: Grate carrot into glass measuring cup 
Step 2: Cover the carrot with olive oil
Step 3: Place the cup in a saucepan filled with boiling water and cook for one hour 
Step 4: Strain carrot mixture, keeping the carrot oil.
Step 5: Mix carrot oil with a ripe mashed avocado and apply mixture to clean hair.
Step 6: Leave on for one hour and then rinse. (You shouldn't have to shampoo after the mixture is out)

Carrot and Fruit Smoothie (my morning breakfast)

1/2 frozen ripe banana
1/2 cup frozen berries 
3/4 cup carrot juice (Boathouse brand is the best)
1/4 cup water 
1/2 scoop Greens+ Daily Detox Powder (optional)

Step 1: Cut banana in half and remove it from the peel.  Place in plastic bag and freeze.  (overnight)
Step 2: Add berries, frozen banana, water, carrot juice and Greens+ to a blender.
Step 3: Blend well.
Step 4: Enjoy on your way to work if you're short on time like I always am.

I never realized the full potential of carrots until I started drinking them daily.  It was then that I began to research their effects and how else to use them.  I'm eager to see what you all think so let me know when you try the recipes.  Happy weekend ladies!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh... I can't wait to start incorporating carrots more! The hair mask sounds awesome and I think I will start putting it in my morning smoothies too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Bronwen! Can't wait to hear what you think about the recipes

      xo

      Delete
  2. that smoothie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recipe! Perfect for waking you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to try the carrot face mask!
    oxoxoxo from San Francisco
    Amy
    http://bridechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a carrot face bar made with organic milk, organic carrots, vitamin E and fish oil, but when I saw the face mask I had to try it. My face felt so soft. Reblogging this. www.jacqsorganics.blogspot.com

    Official follower.

    Thanks,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.