Jul 10, 2010

The Truth About Mascara

I can not leave the house without mascara.

I tried it once and felt so boring and plain that I walked into a shop, at night, with my sunglasses on. Granted, I wear sunglasses at night quite frequently, BUT I flat out refused to take them off this time. Now, don't get me wrong, I go without makeup periodically, but there is something different about not wearing mascara versus bronzer, blush or powder. I guess there are certain products one can't live without....
It has taken me years to compile a list of mascara's I heart and here they are....

1. Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Mascara is actually really good. I used this for years before branching into other brands and types and I chose this one because it was always consistent. The brush is really easy to use and does prevent clumping. (Unless you are using the tip of the brush a lot. If so, this will tend to cause clumping.) It does give volume, length and definitely creates fuller lashes.
2. Clinique High Impact Mascara is another one of my faves. This mascara is also good because it does create full lashes. Again, like with almost all mascara, be careful when using the tip of the brush, as you can get some clumping.
3. Maybelline Full n Soft is actually my favorite mascara right now. Yes, it's not department store quality BUT it does exactly the same thing as the Clinique brand and only costs about $5.99. Love this product and highly recommend it.
4. Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Mascara is one I use everyday. I will start with the Full N Soft as the first coat and then this as the second (and third). I ONLY use the Voluptuous Stiletto (red packaging) product as I disliked the original Lash Stiletto (black packaging). I will also say that this is not something I would use on it's own since it will add length but not the volume as it claims.

I am also veerryy lucky since I, naturally, have long long long lashes that curl. I have never had to use an eye lash curler or any lash primer for that matter. I do, though, need fuller lashes. That's why I tend to gravitate towards products that create the illusion of full lashes.

As always, tell me what brands you love and what products work well for you!!!

2 comments:

  1. I used to love the Maybelline Full n Soft as well, but I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE in the waterproof formula. I then tried Cover Girl Lash Blast and it was alright for a while, but I'm now on the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara. It's fantastic!!! As for the department store brands, I've always loved Benefit Bad Gal, and Diorshow, but I just can't justify the price when I love the Maybelline mascara and it does exactly the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that's exactly how I was feeling. I ADORE the Full N Soft and I actually buy it from Target in the states. I typically go down about once every two months and stock up; such a better deal down there. I will definitely look into the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express as well!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.