Feb 23, 2012

How To: The Green Concealer

Recently (and by recently I mean the last year and a half) I began using green concealer.  There was a brief period of time when my face was completely clear or all things red however, this grace period disappeared and I am now back to using a green concealer daily to cover any, and all, red imperfections.  After using this green stick for the past year, I can honestly say I have no idea how I lived without it.

Pimples suck right? I know, silly question.  However, what sucks more than having a pimple is not knowing how to conceal it properly.  It doesn't matter how expensive the concealer, foundation or powder you use if it doesn't conceal imperfections well.  Plus, to hide a red mark you must use a green based concealer.  A yellow based product will never hide a blemish the way it's color counterpart can.  It's as simple as that.

There are 3 items I swear by when concealing pimples: green concealer, a concealer brush and a fantastic loose powder.  (Now, since I only ever use a powder foundation I also incorporate a great powder foundation and a makeup sponge.  If you are only trying to cover a blemish and don't like a lot of makeup, then you only need the first three items.)  The three items I use daily to cover all blemishes are Physician's Formula Gentle Cover Concealer in Cover Green, E.L.F. Professional Concealer Brush and my trusty Youngblood Loose Foundation in Pearl.

  Step 1: The Green Concealer

Swipe the brush back and forth in the concealer a few times to ensure the brush has a light coating of concealer.

Step 2: Apply Concealer to Blemish

Apply green concealer-coated brush directly to blemish.  (PS - I would never normally use this much concealer on a spot but wanted to show you what the color looked like against my skin.)  Once applied, pat the product into the pimple using your middle finger (or which ever finger you feel comfortable using.)  Don't be alarmed if the spot is still slightly visible through the concealer.

Step 3: The Loose Powder

Perhaps my favorite step of all.  Take the same concealer brush you used to apply the green concealer and place in some loose powder.  Put enough on the brush to cover the pimple you'd applied the green concealer on.

Step 4: Applying the Loose Powder

Apply the loose powder directly to the blemish.  No need to be fancy as all the excess with be blended in momentarily.

Step 5: Blending

I always use my middle finger to blend but should you want to use something else, a makeup sponge does come in handy here.  Blend until all the loose powder is firmly in the skin and the blemish is covered.  

Now, for the ladies that like to wear less makeup then by all means stop here.  However, I like to finish my whole face off with a fabulous pressed powder (Clinique's Perfectly Real Compact Makeup and a makeup sponge).   I find that this not only sets the concealer but my face appears flawless and feels much smoother.

Hope this makeup trick helps ladies.  Do you usually use a green concealer?  If so, which is your favorite brand?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this how to!! Great tips that I will definitely be trying!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwen!! You'll love the green concealer once you start using it

      xo

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for this info! I think it will really help. I always find when I use green concealer it still appears green on my skin. Definitely need to blend better and apply a good loose powder afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple common sense tip, love it! I don't think I've seen a green concealer in the shops though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for this post! i remember my mom using green concealer, and i've always been intrigued about it. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much ladies for the comments! It's funny because i used to always scoff at the green concealer and now I have no idea how I lived without using one for so long..

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.