Feb 10, 2012

DIY Beauty Fridays: Pomegranate Body Exfoliator

Pomegranates are one of the strangest fruits I think I've ever eaten.  I mean you're actually supposed to eat only the seeds.  Strange right?  As strange as it is for a food source, pomegranates are a gold mine of antioxidants making them fantastic for skin and body care. 

Pomegranate Body Exfoliator 

1 TBSP finely ground pomegranate seeds (you can buy this in health food stores or grind your own)
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp aloe vera gel 
1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin works best)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then, while in the shower, get scrubbing.  Apply the polish in circular motions to wet skin.  Rinse with warm water and pat dry.  **For a coarser scrub grind some of the pomegranate rind/skin/peel into the mixture.**

Why this works?  Pomegranates are literally a super fruit.  Aside from all the antioxidants, they also contain something called Punic Acid which helps keep skin looking young and healthy.  The actual pomegranate extract calms and moisturizes the body during the cold, dry month which makes this winter fruit a necessity for the winter season.  This exfoliator will not only moisturize but also remove dry, scaly, unwanted skin.

Happy scrubbing ladies and have an amazing weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could even buy dried pomegranate seeds! I wonder if it'd work with fresh pomegranate in a blender, and less aloe & oil - it'd be messy, but have the antioxidants of the juice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great question Tor!! Personally, I would actually blend the pomegranate seeds yourself. (providing you have a great blender that works on really small things). Plus, since you only need about a tablespoon of the seeds, it won't cause the mixture to be too oily/wet. I usually suggest the dried stuff because A) it's available year round and B)you get more bang for your buck. I actually just made this recipe about a week ago using a blender and seeds from a fresh pom and it worked GREAT!

      xo

      Delete
  2. Awesome post! I love poms!! I can't wait to try this when I get home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scent of pomegranate. This scrub sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE POMEGRANATES! Your blog is so cute, I really enjoy reading everything you post! Keep up the good work :) I am following you on Bloglovin'

    xx, Madison
    Http://www.belovelty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.