Nov 29, 2011

The Top 3 Budget Mascaras

Photo found here
Mascara is one beauty product that I can't live without.  Honestly, I've tried.

About 7 years ago I had laser eye surgery and part of the healing process was no eye makeup for 6 months.  Waking up everyday and not wearing eye makeup was the hardest thing, ever, because I felt naked.  After those 6 long months passed, I got back on the mascara horse and have never looked back.

I don't know about you but there are quite a few things I require from a potential mascara and if it doesn't deliver, I move on to a different type/brand very quickly.  I need my lashes to be volumized, the mascara formula needs to be non-clumpy, a brush that separates the lashes AND lengthens them all the while not breaking the bank.  Here are my top three budget-friendly picks that meet my extensive must-have list...

Photo found here
1. Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara (Curved Brush)

I wrote a REVIEW about this mascara before and, since then, have incorporated it into my daily beauty routine.  This mascara separates lashes, lengthens, volumizes AND doesn't clump.  Such a bargain at only $7.
Photo found here
2. Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara in Extreme Black

I also reviewed this mascara HERE quite sometime ago and nothing's changed since then... I still adore it.  I use this product every morning as my first two coats.  I love this mascara because it lengthens my lashes extremely well and doesn't leave any added build-up.  The only issue I have with this mascara is that it doesn't fully coat the lashes in one stroke.  (You have to double-dip the wand in the container.)  Aside from that, every couple months I have no problem paying $8.99 for this mascara.
Photo found here
3. Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara in Black 

This mascara has surprised me the most.  First, I never usually like abnormally large brushes (and this brush is HUGE) but for some reason it works extremely well.  Also, it's one of the most volumizing mascaras I've used in quite some time.  The only downfall is that it can be a bit clumpy if you're using more than two coats.  Either way, it's a steal for $4.99

Have any of you ladies tried these mascaras before?  What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. beautiful lashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. I have contemplated laser surgery, but no eye makeup for six months?! I...don't think I could do it. Yikes.

    Rimmel is my cheap mascara pick! Any of their mascaras are tops! I've never had much luck with Great Lash though. Have you tried Voluminous Million Lashes in the gold tube? I've heard amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the Avon one and it really is a volumizer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried the Avon one, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge fan of Avon mascaras but love Maybelline and Rimmel. I'll have to check out Lash Accelerator because I've not tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Laura
    Okay, I haven't tried that mascara yet but I'm thinking that i totally have to now. Thanks for the recommendation

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.