Jun 10, 2011

DIY Beauty Fridays: Cucumber Yogurt Facial Cleanser

Can I just explain how happy I am that this week is over?  Sometimes, the weeks go by super fast and other times, they drag on.  This week was the latter. 

I don't know about you but once Friday has arrived, my body (and mind) are emotionally and mentally drained.  I find I use the weekends to catch up on my sleep (we have a long weekday commute that makes us wake up super early and arrive home later than we'd like) and I also use the additional time off to pamper my skin.  Today's recipe is for a fantastic cleanser that's fabulous for sensitive skin:

Cucumber Yogurt Facial Cleanser

1 small cucumber (peeled)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use the Greek Gods Plain Yogurt)
3 Tbsp. beaten curds (use large curd cottage cheese aka Chuck Style)

Grate the entire cucumber into a bowl and add the yogurt and curds.  Mix ingrediants very well.  Apply paste over entire face (and neck) and massage well.  Leave on for about 5 minutes and then rinse with cool water.

Why this works?  The mixture of yogurt, cucumber and curds not only nourishes your skin but also tightens pores and reduces blemishes.  Cucumber flesh, though mostly water, also contains vitamin C and caffeic acid-both of which soothe skin irritations and prevent swelling.  It's also a great source of silica which improves the skin's complexion and assists in returning the skin to a healthy state.

I love the way my skin looks after this cleanser.  It's not as irritated, for sure, but the best part is that it actually looks healthy.  For some reason, this cleanser makes my skin feel so good that I am completely confident wearing no makeup after using it.  A huge bonus for me!!!

Happy cleansing ladies!  XO 

3 comments:

  1. This is a great DIY! Thanks so much for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea, but this is one I won't be trying! Plain yogurt and cottage cheese both make me want to hurl! :\

    Have a lovely weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.