Jan 22, 2018

How-To: Packing a Carry-On Makeup Bag for 3 Weeks in Cambodia and Thailand

Angkor Thom.  Taken by me 4 years ago
Everytime I pack my backpack for a trip, I become a bit of a hippie.

All of  sudden I start looking for my longest necklaces (that jingle), my many layered bracelets and all my fringe outfits.  Honestly, there is something so freeing to replacing my coporate suit jackets with aztec-print rompers and long, flowy maxi dresses.  I love it!

As I mentioned in my last How-To Packing a Carry-On Bag post, I needed a separate post to discuss my jewellry and makeup because these are always the hardest little bags for me to pack.  As you all know, I adore makeup so much that limiting myself to one cosmetic bag used to be TORTURE.  Most of the time, I can barely close my cosmetic bags but this time, I vowed to only use ONE bag for makeup/hair products and another little one for jewellry.


This is it, my friends.  The "Beach Please" bag is my makeup and hair items.  The little black Sephora is my jewellry.


My jewellry bag consists of 3 long necklaces, 6 pairs of earrings, 5 bracelets and 2 headbands.  I should also mention that Cambodia and Thailand are a great place to buy gemstones so I have lot a ton of room to shop!


On to the fun stuff - my makeup!  As you saw in my December Wrap-Up post, the Bon Voyage palette is full of shadows, blush, bronzer and highlighter making this the only palette I am bringing with me.  I also have my benefit powder, my MAC powder, MAC concealer, and all my brishes.


Also included in this bag are 4 lipsticks (two different nude shades, one berry and one red), my Dr. Pepper lipsmackers that I NEVER leave home without, two different mascaras, two different brow pencils (one is a pommade), two eyeliners (one black and one grey), my silicone sponge, my powder sponge, a Tarte highlighter (because I love the gold color), a pixi bronzer, an eyebrow brush and a coral blush.


Lastly, I have my toothbrush, bobbie pins, elastic bands, two small toothpastes, razor and two hair clips.  Pefect when styling my hair or for the beach.

NOTE:  I'm bringing a curling iron.  I made the decision to leave my hair wavy for the trip thus only needing one hot tool.  I also never use a blowdrier so this was easy to leave at home.

Things I Did Not Show

There are certain items you can't find overseas making them necessary to pack.  Here is my ever-growing list:
  • Tampons and a Diva Cup: Always be prepared - These items are virtually impossible to find in Cambodia and Thailand
  • Wet Wipes: Always have a pack with you - I carry them in my purse at all times.  They are also perfect for a quick wipe down during your layover
  • Your Favorite Deodrant:  This is a must - it's hot there and their products can be quite harsh for sensitive skin (mainly due to the perfume additives)
  • Small Monetary Bills:  People forget this, especially when the bank is handing you a wad of cash.  Order some local currency (from your bank) in advance and ask for small bills.  Tuk-Tuk drivers and street food merchants will not have change for you!

Coming up in another post - my carry-on liquid bag and my plane outfit.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Love This! I am the worst packer 😣

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you found it helpful! Packing is an art - one that took me A LONG TIME to understand ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super helpful! I'm amazed at how little you've gotten your bag down to, good job! I need to tacklet this soon as well! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.