Jan 5, 2018

DIY Beauty Fridays: Coconut Oil and Your Dry Winter Skin


Image result for calgary cold
Calgary in the wintertime - SO COLD!!
Since moving from BC to Alberta, my skin has taken a beating.  It's dry, flaky (sometimes) and I even get these little dry patches if I forget to moisturize one day.  It's a huge change to the dampness of the Lower Mainland - I can't get over how dry it is here!

I know that it will take some time to adjust to my new climate here but in the meantime, I am so thankful that coconut oil is readily available.  For those that aren't aware, coconut oil is a miracle in a jar.  Truly - it will save your life!!  (Maybe that's a slight exaggeration but still...)

Here are some of my top, favorite, uses for coconut oil:

Image result for coconut oil
1.  Shiny Hair - run a pea-size amount through your wet hair, after shampooing, and your hair will be so shiny and moisturized.

2.  Moisturizer - Dab some coconut oil on your dry spots (or all over to fully moisturize) and your skin will be dewy, full of life and those dry patches will be gone.

3.  Makeup Remover - Put some coconut oil on a cloth or cotton pad and swipe over your face and eyes to remove all your makeup.  Truly, this works wonders.

4.  Toothpaste - Mix some coconut oil with baking soda and brush away.  I've used this a couple times and it does your teeth clean but I miss the minty flavor of my usual toothpaste.

5. Lip Balm - use a bit, similar to a Vaseline, on your lips if they are super dry.  Leave overnight and your lips will feel completely transformed.

What are your favorite uses for coconut oil?  Anything I may have missed from the list?

Happy Friday Glossers.

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut oil! Honestly haven't used it for an beauty DIY, only cooking so I'll have to try some of these! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.