Mar 27, 2015

DIY Beauty Fridays: Homemade Bath Salts


Sigh, I miss hot baths more than I can explain.

I know I can still have baths but they have to be lukewarm, warm at best, and I do miss the scalding hot water, sweating away, while the bathroom steams up and I can barely see in front of me.

One thing that hasn't changed, despite the water temperature, is my fascination with bath salts.  I am usually the first to seek out these relaxing bath additions that come in a multitude of scents and textures.  What's even better than being able to buy them is to make your own!!


Homemade Lavender (or any scent) Bath Salts 

3/4 cup Sea Salt
1/4 cup, plus 2 TBSP, Epsom Salts
2 TBSP Baking Soda
A couple drops of your favorite essential oil (Lavender, Rose, etc)
Food coloring if you want to store it and look pretty

Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.  Add the essential oil and food coloring (if you'd like) and stir until evenly distributed.  Place contents in a mason jar to store in the bathroom.  Pour into your bathwater and soak to your heart's content!!

Okay, it's Friday and I am so going to go and have a bath now.  Happy Friday ladies!

    

1 comment:

  1. Weird, it didn't save my last comment...
    How can you not love anything lavender and in the bath? I'm totally sold on this one! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.