Mar 4, 2015

Boots No7 vs L'oreal: Do Their Anti-Aging Lines Work??

Boots No7 vs L'Oreal



I've been on the hunt for an inexpensive drugstore line that is magic for anti-aging.  I know, I know, I'm asking a lot BUT with all the skin care lines out there, I knew there had to be one that lived up to the hype.

I have so far tested two lines: Boots No7 Protect and Perfect and L'Oreal Youth Code.  The Boots No7 set, as purchased for $45, came with a full size serum, a day cream and a night cream all specifically designed to restore skin's natural radiance and smooth away deep lines and wrinkles.  The Youth Code set, as purchased for $24 (trial size products), came with a foaming cleanser, a serum and a day/night cream all designed to regenerate the texture and appearance of young skin.

After trying both lines, for a period of three weeks each, I much prefer the L'Oreal Youth Code compared to the Boots No7 line.


It not only cleans my skin well but the serum is nice, light, and a little goes a long way.  The cream, though, is absolutely luxurious.  It's goes on so smooth and makes my skin feel so silky.  One down fall to this cream is the lack of sunscreen.  Since the product is used as both a day and night cream, sunscreen is never added.  It does mean you need a separate sunscreen to apply after putting the cream on your skin.


The Boots line worked very well in the beginning but after about 2 weeks, my skin stopped responding to it. The serum is very light but didn't seem to do anything to my skin and the only cream I liked was the night cream.  One plus is the day cream does have an SPF 15 in it which means it's a one stop shop.  Still, though, not my cup of tea.

I am still on the hunt for the best drugstore anti-aging line so stay tuned.  What's your favorite drugstore line??

    

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you posted about this, as I am on the same quest! I love the YouthCode moisturizer as well, but you're absolutely right, the downfall is the lack of sunscreen. I'm looking for the next best thing with sunscreen for the day, but I think I will continue to use it for nights. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.