Aug 7, 2010

Fantastically Coral

My mom used to always wear coral and my sister and I poked fun whenever possible.

I remember waltzing in mom's closet and spinning around while staring at all the coral shirts, dresses, shoes and even handbags. Every time she wore a coral "something", my sister and I would laugh and laugh because back then, coral was NOT our color of choice. (My mom also co-ordinated her lipstick color with her outfits so she had tubes and tubes of coral lipstick, gloss and liners.)

WHO KNEW the day would come when I, too, would love coral.

About two months ago, I had just boarded the coral train and was actively searching for the perfect coral shade. I found it at the MAC counter. I grabbed two products, a lipstick and a gloss, and headed for the till. I was then blown away when the rep said, "Sorry. These shades aren't out for another month. I can, though, pre-order the products for you." I explained that I needed a shade right away and continued on my merry way, all the while slowly cursing MAC in my head.

I finally received my products in the mail a couple days ago (thanks mom!!!!!) and just had to gush about how gorgeous these coral colors are....

The gloss, MAC Dazzleglass in Utterly Posh, is the perfect shade of coral. (Not too orange and not too pink.) Not only is the color perfect, but it's glittery. I completely adore sparkly lips and was blown away by how dimensional this shade is.

The next product is MAC Dazzle Lipstick in Not Sass. This shade is definitely more orange. A beautiful rich cream color with added glittery pigments definitely makes this coral color fun and edgy.

Both products are part of the new Digi-Dazzle Collection, which is available only for a limited time, so I do highly suggest checking them out if you want a fun, different look. (Picture above is the MAC Lipstick in Not Sass.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.