Jul 6, 2012

DIY Beauty Fridays: Homemade Massage Oil

Photo courtesy of suite101.com
The stagette wedding was an absolute success AND such a great time. I am so fortunate to have the greatest group of friends, ever. The only problem is that I came home more tired than I was when I left. (I guess too much partying will do that to you.)

In other words, I need a massage, desperately and I thought today's DIY post should encompass this need.

Massage oils can be very pricey, especially if you are picky about scent and oil types.  I find that making it yourself is not only a great way to save money BUT you're able to let your imagination run wild.

Photo courtesy of lalaessentialoils.com
  Homemade Massage Oil - Base

1/2 cup vegetable oil 
1/2 almond oil
Essential oils - you pick (my favorite is lavender oil)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds.  Remove from microwave and ensure the oil isn't too hot.  Use oil while it's still warm.

Why this works:?  Almond oil is a fabulous, more natural, moisturizer and is the base of a lot of more natural skin care lines.  Adding in your own essential oils is a great way to be creative but also allows you to change the scent of the oil as often as you'd like.

Allan doesn't know it yet but I am SO whipping up a batch of this for tonight.  YAY for massages.

Try this out, ladies, and happy massaging!

 

1 comment:

  1. ohhh! Great DIY!! Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a great time at the stagette! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.