Apr 25, 2012

Losing Weight With the Carblovers Diet

I hate the word diet.

To me, a diet involves temporarily changing the way you eat to achieve a specific goal weight.  Typically (at least for me), I begin dieting and everything is grand for about two weeks and then the cravings start.  Since I love salt so much I start dreaming about things like chips, cheese and french fries until I breakdown and order a Big Mac and large fries.  After eating it in record time, I feel so guilty that I try to barely eat for the next few days to compensate.  As you can see, diets never work for me. 

So, when I encountered the Carblovers Diet, I was extremely skeptical.  I mean really?  A diet where you can eat carbs, cheese, potato chips and fruit to your hearts content and still lose weight?  This question went around and around my mind until the weight started to come off. 

I'm so happy to say that I'm down 4 pounds and feel absolutely fantastic.  The weight is still coming off, my skin looks radiant and my stomach is becoming more toned.  Imagine, these results from a plan called the Carblovers Diet.

I ordered the original Carblovers Diet book as well as the Carblovers Recipe Book to give myself some additional variety.  The recipes are filling, delicious, hearty and you still get to eat potato chips and desserts.  The plan focuses on Resistant Starches (good for you) which make you full longer and are more work to digest which means your body works harder to break them down.  This means you burn more calories when eating something that is packed full of resistant starch.   Check out some of the recipes...

Pasta Primavera - One of my favorite recipes


Pan Seared Salmon with Parmesan Potatoes
Even desserts!  Chocolate-Dipped Banana Bites
I love this plan because it's a total lifestyle change.  These recipes are things that even Allan enjoys and most of them are so easy to make.  (Allan made the Pan Seared Salmon for my birthday dinner.)  If you're looking for a way to eat healthy and lost weight while doing it, I highly recommend this plan.

Have any of you ladies tried this plan before?  What are your thoughts?

 

6 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this plan and I'm planning to try it out! I can't wait! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I really eat potato chips? What about cheese and butter....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can have potato chips (baked or made by yourself), cheese but not butter. Olive oil is allowed. You can have peanut butter though thanks goodness!

      Delete
  3. How long have you been on the diet now? I have never heard of this, but being the carb freak I am, I find it very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been following it for about 3 weeks now and am loving it. Results were seen very quickly and I am following the 7 day kickstart PLUS the 21 day immersion plan to ensure I lose the weight i want. (it explains everything in the book). The recipes are fantastic

      Delete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.