Sep 23, 2010

Hmmmm....Dr. Feelgood by Benefit????

Question marks in a title are never a good sign.

Either I'm still not sure what I think about the product, the product is completely awful OR the idea that Benefit called something "Dr. Feelgood" and people still use it, has baffled me. For future reference, it's the former.

I bought this complexion balm because I'd heard AMAZING things. "Oh, Christina", people said, "you have to try it. I use it all the time and it's fantastic and blah, blah, blah..." Not only were my friends telling me good things but I needed to find a non-sticky, non-greasy primer. I think this is where I went wrong.

This is NOT a primer. You can, of course, wear it alone as it does conceal fine lines but it's meant to be used as a touch-up on top of make-up. It will, without a doubt, take away shine and does leave skin extremely smooth and silky, but my dislike for the applicator is greater than my appreciation of the product. (This is a first for me. I'm typically able to get over something as miniscule as this but for some reason, I can't.)

The applicator is so incredibly spongey that it removes your make-up with one quick swipe. If you're prone to oily patches like I am, this little issue will greatly hinder your put-together-ness.

Either way, I do enjoy the minty smell and texture of this complexion balm but wish it came with a different applicator. (I sound so nit-picky...Ha)
Let me know your thoughts. Have you tried this before? Did you like it?

4 comments:

  1. Seems like a strange product. Sounds like it belongs on your lips... where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it from Spehora. The majority of the Benefit line is phenomenal so this odd product as thrown me for a loop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this product from the Bay a few years ago and I hate it. It does absolutely nothing/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Natalie! Yeah, I have to admit, it was definitely not what I thought it was going to be....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.