Sep 4, 2010

Despicable Kate but Lovely Rimmel

For the first time in about five plus years I purchased a drug store bronzer.

I can hear you all yelling SNOB but honestly, I just happened to find something I preferred more than the poor colored, yellow-tinged, pimple causing drug store products. ( I am now eating my words...)

It all happened when I was in Prince George. Now, as everyone can attest to, forgetting to pack something when going on vacation happens, so I wasn't surprised when my blush brush wasn't in my bag. (Yes, I know it was only one brush BUT when you're used to including it as part of your morning ritual, you're whole morning can be thrown off....ha.) Needless to say, my best friend, Renate, kindly offered me hers since we were staying with her. So, in the morning, I pulled out her brush and was about to swirl it around my loose Youngblood bronzer when I decided to be nosy.

So, I was digging through her make-up bag and found a GINORMOUS bronzer palette. Instead of using my bronzer, I, of course, used this one instead. And I am super glad I did. The brand was Rimmel London and inside this huge compact was shimmery goodness. I used it the entire time I stayed with her and even went to London Drugs while in PG and purchased my own. The one I bought was SunShimmer Bronzing Compact in Sun Queen and have been using it faithfully since my return home.

Oh and another thing, I also thought I'd try their lipstick. (It was on sale for $4.99 and I needed a new fall color.) I purchased the Moisture Renew Lipstick in Berry Queen (#400) and can absolutely not live without it. Since berry and wine colors are making a comeback this fall, I thought it time to put away the fire engine red colors and try something more classic. It's vibrant, but not too flashy, and virtually goes with every color. Remember, wine and burgandy colors are big on the runways for fall so I highly suggest checking out the Rimmel London's lipsticks and adding some to your wardrobe. YAY for cheap cosmetics!!!....

If only Kate Moss wasn't their model....well, here's to wishful thinking...


2 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I just bought this bronzer myself about 3 weeks ago. My cat smashed my other one, so I decided to try something new. I totally love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it Lisa! Plus, this price is realllyyyy good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.