Nov 14, 2014

DIY Beauty Fridays: Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes with Household Goodies

Photo courtesy of brebeauty
Ever wondered why your one little-itty-bitty pimple spreads to all corners of your face?

It's a little thing called bacteria.  And the most used product that carries the majority of this nasty bacteria is your makeup brushes.

Your dirty makeup brushes are giving you pimples!!!!

Gross right.  What's worse is that I am a TERRIBLE culprit of not cleaning my brushes.  Honestly, I would rather buy new ones than clean my brushes.  However, now that I can easily do this at home using everyday household goodies, I am going to become BETTER at cleaning my brushes and allowing my face to be bacteria-free.

Photo courtesy of Wikihow
You will need:
Olive oil
Liquid dish soap
Warm water
Vinegar
Hand towel

Dab a bit of olive oil on a towel and swirl the tips of your brushes into the oil.  Blot the excess off on the opposite side of the towel.  Mix together some warm water and the liquid dish soap and wash your makeup brushes in the mixture (get your fingers in there and clean the bristles), being careful to avoid the "stem" (where the brushes are connected to the handle).  Dip the bristles into some white vinegar a couple of times and rinse the vinegar off, vigorously, with warm water.  Let air dry.

As I'm writing this, I realize there is NO EXCUSE for me not to clean my brushes.  I guess I have a date with my makeup brushes tonight.

I would love to know your thoughts on this as well should you try it out.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea! I am going to try it out, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.