Jun 19, 2012

Review: Biotherm BioSource Cleanser and Toner

My skin has not been a happy camper. I'm not sure if it's wedding planning stress, work stress or just stress in general, but a few months ago my skin broke out like crazy.

I am very happy to say that as of a month ago today, I have been completely blemish-free. Woohoo!  My fabulous clear skin can be attributed to Biotherm.....truly!

Biotherm Cleansing Gel - Can you see the blue microbeads?
A long time ago, before the start of this blog AND trying new products weekly, I was an advocate for Biotherm.  My only issue with the product line back then was the price: When you're spending about $30 on a cleanser and $30 on a toner, they better be worth the money.  And they were, as my skin was always clear BUT the size of the items were just too small.  I put Biotherm on the backburner and began trying new things.

Then the breakouts came.

I decided it was worth it to go back to basics with my skin and really figure out the root of the issue.  I bought both the Biotherm BioSource Tonifying Exfoliating Cleansing Gel and the BioSource Hydra-Mineral Lotion Toning Water (as I used them before AND they are for normal/combination skin, which my skin is.)  I began using the cleanser every evening and the toner twice a day (morning and night).  I still used my Clinique Turnaround Concentrate and my Clarins moisturizer.  However, aside from these items, I used nothing else.  My skin is back to looking like a million bucks.  Did I also tell you that Biotherm recently changed their pricing and these items are only $19 a piece!!!!  So amazing...

Cleanser and Toner

Pros:
Cleanser has microbeads in it which makes it feel like an exfoliator as well 
A little bit goes a long way
Both toner and cleanser have a nice clean smell 
Cleanser lathers well
Toner makes your skin feel super soft
New price of $19 per item makes it worth it 
Blemishes fade as does any scarring 
Don't need powder or concealer anymore 
Cons:
Absolutely nothing!

 I talk about skin care products a lot and am definitely a fan of many different items out there.  But there has never been any product line that's given me these kind of immediate results.  Not only will I never be using any other skin care line aside from Biotherm but I highly recommend you try these items as well.  I guarantee you'll love them as much as I do.

Have any of you ladies tried these before?  What are your thoughts?

 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this line before at all. But it's a good price now, so I might just have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these products together. I also use the antioxidant serum with the broccoli extracts. My skin looks amazing! My pores have diminished, my skin texture looks revitalized and brighter and I don't need to use as much concealer as I had to before. Definitely worth it!! Best skincare products ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this sounds nice. I am love my Shiseido but I am always looking to try out new cleansers

    ReplyDelete
  4. um.. recently checked biotherm chadstsone and bourke st, and its $29 for the cleanser and $36 for the toner, dunno where u got ur prices from?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.