Jan 12, 2011

A Favorite Gone Missing

I don't think there's anything worse than having your favorite beauty product discontinued. Seriously...think about it for a second. Imagine, finding that one product that fully completes your beauty routine. It either goes with everything, or accents your skin/cheek/eyebrow (you get my drift) perfectly or gives you that perfect shimmery look and then, when ordering it online, you see that only a few weeks ago, the manufacturer discontinues the whole line.

If you haven't guessed, that exact scenario happened to me quite some time ago, and yes, I am still trying to get over it. The product is Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder and the incident occurred almost four years ago. I was working downtown Vancouver at the time and I remember the exact date because my work was located above the
Drugstore I purchased the product at and it had been a very interesting day. I would routinely shop there on my lunch breaks and purchase this powder from that location because it always seemed to be on sale. (Bad sign number one.) I walked in, this particular day, and noticed the display stand that housed the powder had disappeared. I asked the woman working what had happened to the display and she said that they just got word that it was being discontinued. (Even writing this I still get the chills.) She said she had 4 powders left in my color and I purchased the lot for 50% off. However, as time went on, I used the powder and, about a year ago, found an ebay shop online that still carried them. I ordered another four and went on my merry way. But, seeing as how I'm on my last two, I've had to start thinking about finding a replacement. (Ack, it makes me cringe.)

I love this powder because I love glowing skin. I use this illuminator as a dusting powder, applied only after my loose powder is on, and only around my cheeks and neck. Seriously, though, the powder is so pigmented, that it reflects the light causing your skin to glow and illuminate. In the past four years, I've found nothing that even compares to this product...Until now that is. Though the two products I'm about to name have bronzers in them as well, they also have a skin illuminator that actually works.

1.) Mark Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes All-Over Face Palette. Extremely long name, I know, but this Avon product is fabulous. I use this instead of my Revlon Illuminator, blush and bronzer because this little palette covers all of the above. It has pinks, creams, bronzes, and dusty roses' all in one which blend together giving you instant color and shimmery skin.

2) Marcelle Graphic Face Pressed Powder in Prismatic Neutrals. I found this in a bargain bin and wasn't too sure what to expect. I brought it with me to New York and fell in love with it instantly. The blend of the four colors works perfectly with my skin tone and not only did I glow, but I felt radiant. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when using this compact.

I know that nothing will ever take the place of my Revlon Illuminator, but boy, do I love these two pressed powders. I can fit them in my purse (which I couldn't do with the Revlon powder) and they pack a powerful punch. As sad as the discontinuation was, and still is, it's eased the pain having these two products around.

Question, is there a product you use to create that subtle glow? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens and you usually find it and love it right before they discontinue.
    I don't have a product that I use for a glow, but I do like the powder I use that reduces redness, otherwise, I'd be glowing too much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment B. Discontinuations definitely suck but I guess it does bring more products on the market...HOWEVER, the replacement product for Revlon is not good. Glad to hear you have a powder that works wonders for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.