Oct 1, 2010

The Joys of Scrub

Who, honestly, dislikes a good scrub? There is nothing more rewarding than slapping on an intense, gritty scrub and, after ten minutes and some washing, revealing a new, glowing you.

Last night, after work, I ran to London Drugs to pick up an anniversary card. Since I was already shopping, I thought it a good idea to beeline for the cosmetics section. (For research, of course....ha.) Now, when it comes to skincare, I'm most definitely a brand snob, so I was surprised when the St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control caught my eye. I bought the sucker, since it was only $4.99, and went directly home to try it out.

I put this on immediately after cleansing my face and was very impressed with the smell. (Good smell, by the way; it lives up to its apricot name.) I let it sit on my skin for about ten minutes and once I washed it off, I was impressed immensely. My skin felt tighter, looked refreshed and my pores appeared to be smaller. I will definitely use this again, without a doubt, and am actually eager to try the entire St. Ives facial product line.

Try it out guys!!! For under $5, you're getting a natural scrub, with no parabens and no animal testing. Oh, and you can get it at a drugstore. Doesn't get much better than that...

For the people that LOVE homemade products, check out this awesome article for some easy spa-at-home recipes... http://hubpages.com/hub/Cleanser_Recipes

3 comments:

  1. They have a great brand and it's been around for ages. I use their Olive cleanser and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that Bronwen. I'm planning on scoping out the rest of the St. Ives line so this is great news...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this at Walmart and over there it was something like 3$ on special, it was a great buy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.